Problems with Schaff - beware!

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:48:49 -0700

Let me understand you.  YOU made a mistake; and, somebody else is
responsible?  Please.  Most supply houses work this way.  The stock number
is more specific than the description.  If you want more responsibility in
your life, then take more responsibility for your life.
Translation: grow up.
J R W

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Wally Scherer
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:05 PM
To: pt
Subject: Problems with Schaff - beware!

Hi Everyone,

If you are like me, you order a good deal of your
piano supplies from Schaff Piano Supply in Illinois,
USA. I have been their customer for many years and
have nearly always been very pleased with their
products and service.

Recently I have enjoyed the convenience of ordering
from their web page. They have a place for the stock
number and a place for a description of the item. I
assumed that they would check to make sure the two
match, but I just found out that the "description"
column on the order form has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do
with the order processing.

What happened was that I accidentally put in the wrong
stock number on two items, even though the
"description" column stated exactly what I wanted.

Schaff would not accept ANY RESPONSIBILITY for not
checking the number against the description, and hence
will not pay for the return of the items. Fortunately
for me they are not expensive items.

So, please, before you send in an order on their web
page, be SURE to double check the stock number,
because the description is completely ignored!

Wallace T. Scherer, Piano Technician, Music Educator
Piano Tuning & Repairs, Piano Lessons, Edwards String Covers
P.O. Box 4121, Lantana, Florida, 33465
Phone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/afinetune