Amazing Mathushek action "bites the dust". Details inside !

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:52:12 +1000

>     Well, that occurred to me tonight. The way it is
>constructed, I could just saw through it in a few
>places and end up with a few models, keys and all!
>    I am in utter humbled awe at the care that went
>into this thing's manufacture. Was Mathushek a "top
>banana' at Steinway, before striking out on his own? I
>seem to remember such.
>      Thump
>
>P.S. Todays' revelation: the mating surfaces of the
>flange rails are fully covered with a rubberized
>fabric, wchich fits between the rail and flange.

Any chance of a few images Gordon. Heather Fandrich (Darryl's wife)
was telling me at Reno that she is a (great?) grand daughter of the
famous Mathushek. I'll email her to see if she might be interested in
writing something about him.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY