Pinblock Glassing

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:46:43 -0400

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Joseph Garrett=20

Sheesh!!!!! If you guys had read my original post: it was a query to =
someone that didn't like the idea of glassing a pinblock. I, personally, =
ALWAYS fit my pinblocks with epoxy! ALWAYS! I find that there is better =
initial stability. End of discussion.
BTW, thanks for all of the helpful hints, etc., I actually gleaned a =
couple of tidbits for trial on my next one.<G>

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

Joe,

I did read your original message and you stated that "...I've never been =
a proponent of using fiberglass resin or epoxy to mate a pinblock to the =
plate flange..." and then you went on to ask "...if because of the =
exigencies of circumstances I had to go this route...."

Now you suggest from those statements it should be obvious that you =
ALWAYS fit your pinblocks with epoxy? Sorry, does not compute!  ;-)

Terry Farrell

----- Original Original Message -----=20
While I've never been a proponent of using fiberglass resin or epoxy to
mate a pinblock to the plate flange I'm wondering, if because of the
exigencies of circumstances I had to go this route, what are you all
using...material wise, to do this? Brand names, success rate, viscosity,
etc.

And why not? (inquisitive minds would like to know.<G>)

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I