Here's a new one

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:29:15 -0600

Good grief, Sounds like sue time to me.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dempsey Jr., Paul E" <dempsey@marshall.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 12:43 PM
Subject: Here's a new one

> Yesterday I had occasion to tune a Yamaha U1 upright for a lady that just
moved into my area from a town upstate (Fairmont WV). She said that her
tuner in Fairmont, a former coal miner, said that it was imperative that her
piano be "de-tuned" before being moved to protect the soundboard, plate,
etc. from damage due to the strain and jostling brought on by the move.

> Sure enough, every string had the pitch lowered almost completely slack,
just enough tension to hold the coils in place!!