Fender Rhodes question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:49:07 -0500

> Hi Avery.
>
> How do you slide the coil without touching the tine? The coils on both
> Rhodes I tuned were pretty tight.
> I did try using a small flat head screwdriver to gently slide the coil
> as to not break the tines however my fingers seemed to work best.
>
> What's the best technique?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> Aart

I tried tapping the coils with a screwdriver, but ended up grabbing
them with my fingers. Small movements are easy if you turn the coil
as you move it. It's been a while, but I don't recall any particular
problems with heat changing pitch. Maybe Avery has hotter phalanges
than I do, or I wasn't that picky then.

Ron N