H. Wilma

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:25:49 -0400

Porritt, David wrote:

>Phil:
>
>I hope you came out of this as well as you were hoping you would when
>you wrote this note on Monday.  Has anyone heard from any of the Palm
>Beach & Miami people?

Hi David..and List. Thanks for asking - I am fine..my family and close
friends are fine..and people are keeping their appointments! I tuned a
piano in Naples today in a house with no power. She said:

"The only thing I have right now is the piano to enjoy"

I like people like her!

Seriously, I am concerned about the techs on the East Coast. Believe me
when I say the pictures you see on television do not do the situation
any justice. And if I may for just a moment: Your tax dollars at work
(FEMA) today admitted that they under-estimated the potential
need..but..Marco Island was a target for Wilma for what..a week? - and
they are still without basic necessities (Ice and water). Now I will
give FEMA some leeway in under-estimating the damage to the East Coast -
I don't think anyone saw that coming..but Marco Island??

I'll jump off the soapbox,

-Phil Bondi(Fl)