Another apology ....

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:09:43 -0500

Apologies to all.

"Hateful" didn't mean I though Thump's comment was hateful or that an "anti" view, of itself, is hateful .... what I said so poorly was that it is no fun when volatile positions, on either side, hit the list. It creates hard feelings, etc., and doesn't advance anyone's cause.

I think that's one of the biggest problems: Everyone is yelling, no one is listening. I just like the list to be a little haven from that because I love this community of people with so much in common and so much to be thankful for.

Your comment in the last paragraph is largely true. But everybody wants to blame somebody! It's like the Titanic survivors slugging it out in the lifeboats over who's fault it was for building a vulnerable ship, falsely claiming it was a safe ship, going too fast and too far north, not having enough boats, etc., etc., etc.

There's time for all that, later. I say, follow the priorities the president outlined: Save lives, provide basic needs, then rebuild while simultaneously analyzing what went wrong and what went right, and hope to heck lessons learned are followed.

Heaven help any people who put their faith in politicians to save them! (Too true to be funny)

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri