No front rail punchings either

Sun, 4 Sep 2005 09:26:04 +0100

Hello List
If this contribution gets through without being hurled back as "suspicious"
by "owner-pianotech-ptg etc" I have often come across upright pianos with no
front rail punchings. Reason? There's a suspended rail over the tail end of
the keyframe. The keys hit this instead.
Regards from a Sunny early morning in The Village. Coffee Vicar?
Michael G.(UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: John Delmore [mailto:johndelmore@cox.net]
Sent: 04 September 2005 03:13
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Balance rail punchings

Hi all:
Today, I got into the Brinkerhoff "lab" piano--just a thourough cleaning
right now.  I noticed that there are no felt punching on the balance rail:
is this common for circa 1925 pianos (sn 114743 if any of you kind folks
have an atlas handy)?  I'm guessing I shouldn't "add" felts where I don't
find them.
John Delmore