Can't Open Piano...Please Help

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sun, 04 Sep 2005 07:47:46 -0700

At 05:58 PM 9/3/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>How funny Susan. Just yesterday I tuned a S&C spinet. It took me about
>five minutes to figure it out. First time I had seen one like this. You
>are right. Just tap with the heel of your hand down and back on the front
>edge. Once the lid has slid back an inch or so it will lift right off -
>some old uprights had an arrangement like this.
>
>Terry Farrell

Fortunately these uprights have stayed well away from me. But I did clobber
myself on my left  cheekbone once when I pulled up on a decorative top rail
of an upright music desk. The thing sits in a slot and you just have to
pull it up to remove it. I was leaning over the top of it, trying to see
fasteners on each side which weren't there. Gave it a tug, it jammed and
then unjammed -- WHAM. Good thing I missed my eye.

sssssssnn