Removing Tuning Pins.....

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 09:13:57 -0700

Gordon Stelter said: "I use cheapo crap drills, or great old ones from =
yard
sales or the used tool store. I see no need to spend
hundreds on something, then subject it to this
punishment.=20
     Gordon,
Ya done riled the "Tool Cap'n" with that one. Your above statement, has =
some validity, but it's kinda like buying Fords. You've been buying them =
for years, 'cause ya really likes em'. Why else would you buy so many of =
them?!!!<G>
I say: Never Buy a Cheap Tool, unless it's a one time thingee and you do =
not anticipate EVER doing that job again. Yeah, like that's going to =
happen!!! Sheesh!
As for the Yard Sale thingee; sometimes you can get some really nice, =
high quality tools that way. Most of my Chisels are from that sort of =
thing. They beat the current chisels, available, hands down, every time! =
Of course, you do need to be able to spot "Quality".
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I