Removing Tuning Pins.....

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:30:23 -0500

Having come to this profession from heavy fine-carpentry (timber and
log-frame), I can testify to the futility of buying cheap throw-away
tools.  They cost more, not including your wasted time.  My Milwaukee
journeyman tools outlasted penny-smart-dollar-foolish employees tools
easily ten to one.  They are also cheaply re-buildable.  Milwaukee is
only now beginning to build cheap tools, think two tiers for them as
well as Bosch, Porter-Cable, Makita (maybe three tiers for makita)
etc.  Dewalt was born when Black & Decker had ruined its own rep.,
now Dewalt is sliding and B&D is being re-introduced.  They're
counting on the retirement of all the old carmudgeons who remember
their slide from grace.
Be careful about buying a cheap tool for only one job, it might not
make it to the end of the job.

Andrew