Smokin! was removing wrest pins from the piano

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:48:49 EDT

<< David wrote
>>On uprights, pinblock removal is a bit more of a hassle.  Any nice
suggestions for that btw? >>

Greetings,
        Andre Bolduc's class on upright pinblocks is probably the best, most
accurate method I have ever seen.  It takes some special tools, (which he
vends), but seems so straight-forward that I wouldn't consider any other method if
I had the chore of doing one of these.
       On a further note, the financial cosiderations of replacing an upright
pinblock must include how much work the action needs, what sort of case is
there, and what the market is.  I haven't found any way to come out ahead with
an upright that needs a new block.  The market, in general, isn't there.  If
there is something sentimental involved in a very wealthy persons piano, and
cost is no object,  I think I would just send it to Andre and let him do it!
REgards,
Ed Foote RPT