Smokin! was removing wrest pins from the piano

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:54:45 -0600

At 07:14 PM 9/5/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi David,
>What are you using for pin driving fluid?  I've used what Joe Garrett
>suggests, but it's not available anymore.  Looking for new ideas.  Thanks,
>jeannie
>
>Jeannie Grassi, RPT
>Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
>mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net
>
>--

My dad was strong on Garfields for just about any block situation when the
block wasn't getting replaced. Including using a thinner solution (80/20
w/alcohol) for driving fluid. Always had good results for us. On a new
block, a more traditional varnish or rosin might be better, but I honestly
couldn't tell you. I stick with what works, sometimes.

Later,
Guy