expanding action brackets

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 00:25:48 -0700

  Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:58 PM
  Subject: expanding action brackets

  Help!?

   I have a new customer who says her previous tech told her that her =
10-20 year old Young Chang upright has "expanding action =
brackets".....This sounds vaguely familiar like I've read about it =
before but I am currently clueless!???....What does it mean?...How can I =
get parts and how many hours of a job is it??...

   Jonnyv@chartermi.net
     =20
  Jonny,
      This is a well documented problem for Y.C.although I have not seen =
this on verticals.
      Call Y.C. and ask for tech support---- only  after you evaluate =
the action and have the model and serial # on hand.
      In the grand actions the symptoms can include blocking hammers , =
letoff dowels turned down to the point of falling off .
  ,drop screws rubbing on the pinblock.etc.=20
      I would sample regulate  a few notes in each section to test.
      If the usual adjustments don't fall into place ,I would call Y.C. =
for advice.
      They will give you action spread dimensions and some direction for =
replacing the brackets if indeed they are problematic.
       A healthy dose of skepticism as it relates to the other techs =
diagnosis is in order here in my opinion.
       Why didn't the tech pursue the repair if the diagnosis was =
correct?
      Maybe there were extenuating circumstances but why not fix the =
problem?
      =20
      Best of luck,
      Tom Driscoll