Censors???

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:55:12 +0200

Kent,

I am not going to get to this beyond refuting the below and pointing out
that your use of  <<under normal circumstances>> in no way conflicts my
assertion. An assertion which I can easily enough document adequatly.

That said, I have no problem perse with the basic idea of a moderated
list. But if the ECC is going to be allowed any such authorities at all,
then there should be an open clear discussion and approval by the
membership as to the nature of these.

As I stated in my last, this all belongs on ptg-l and I will say no more
about it here.

Cheers
RicB

On Sep 6, 2005, at 5:15 PM, Ric Brekne wrote:

>/ the small group of ECC members can stop any post, piano related or
/>/ not, they deem <<inflamatory>>.
/
Untrue. Under normal circumstances, posts flow automatically with no
approval needed, so posts that pass the filters (screening for virus,
junk, porn, etc.) cannot be stopped, inflammatory or not.

It is true that we have and will again from time to time impose
moderation after the fact. No apologies there.

Kent