Appointment Books

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:55:33 -0500

I use the generic magazine size the office supply stores sell that shows
one week to two pages. This is what information is recorded on when
making the appointment. It is then posted on a Yahoo calendar, then
synchronized with my home PC, then synchronized with my Pocket PC. Of
course if I make a doctor's appointment on my Pocket PC the process is
reversed.

I think it is helpful to make the appointment in a book first, not on
the computer. You only have one hand free to write when on the phone and
sometimes you need to scribble extra notes that don't lend themselves
nicely to hurriedly putting in a computer appointment.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Matthew Todd
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:37 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Appointment Books

I am gonna go and pick up a scheduling calendar book, and I just want to
know what you all use, and what you have liked and disliked over the
years.

Do most of you schedule future appointments with the client before you
leave, such as the six month tuning?  I also thought about getting some
cards printed to write the date of the next appointment on it, for the
client.  Kind of like what doctor and dentist offices use when they
schedule your next visit.

Do I hear any suggestions here?

Thanks!
Matthew