Miscellany/Yamaha Cord Flanges

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:42:58 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C5B3DB.F7B0DC60
Y'all   =20
Just finished replacing a set of Yamaha Upright Cord Flanges. Several =
things you might be interested in. First, the set of flanges from Yamaha =
were very consistant in regards to pinning/bushings.<S> One thing I did =
notice on the flanges was that the new cord material "wicks" the glue =
and will have a little bit of stiff cord off the end of the flange. This =
"stiff" cord will rub against the birdseys fly cut if you don't mash it =
down a bit. Could've been a problem later, if I hadn't noticed it! <G> =
Also, a trick about Aluminum rails was learned on this one: When =
extracting the screw with the cordless screwdriver spin the screw a =
couple of extra revolutions and the self tapping screw that they use =
will make a "countersink" that makes finding the thread a real breeze! =
The first couple of screws, I really struggled with until I discovered =
this thingee! Yahoo!<G>
Enclosed is a "Jack Depressor" that a good friend, Orville Milburn, (Of =
Milburn Guitars), invented. It's made of a piece of very thin welding =
rod, (brass/?), two fishing weights, (flattened around the wire) and a =
small piece of player tubing. As it's difficult to get it to stand up on =
it's side, on the scanner, I'll just tell you it has a bend about an =
inch below the hook to make the "weight(s)" pull down on the Jack Tongue =
in a straight line. cheap and easy to make. Although I consider it too =
bulky for tool kits, I use it, exclusively in the shop, as it works =
soooo much better than the little spring thingee that most, (including =
me), have.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police