Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:25:42 -0700

Just to throw in another option:  There is a German tuning pin maker
called Biene (Bee brand), who is realtively unknown in North America.
These tuning pins are considered by many to be the finest ones in the
world, even superior to Diamant (Diamond) brand. They make a special
line of pins tuning pins which are golden.  I don't think they are
actually gold plated - seems to me that wouldn't stand up too well.
 From what I can tell, it is strictly a visual thing.
So there  you have the whole spectrum: blue, nickel, chrome and gold.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
www.pianofortesupply.com