Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:14:06 +0200

Ron N writes

... Is anyone using these in production, that
anyone knows of? I'm wondering how a manufacturer of what is
considered to be a high quality and desirable product that is
difficult to get manages to stay in business.

Ron N

Course there is a world outside the US you know.  Biene are not
difficult to procure at all over here. In fact most techs I know use
them. Probably most German manufactureres use them, and I would imagine
a significant portion of the rest of European piano makers.  The Tzechs
probably use their own make... they used to do at least.  Probably the
Polish too.

I suppose one could find out for sure... but I gotta figure Biene has a
couple big time contracts.  Anyone wanting them can order from Jahn,

http://www.pianoteile.de/

good luck

RicB