Removing tuning pins with the Milwaukee Drill

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:19:37 -0400

Ross White wrote:

> If you spin tuning pins out, you're going to scorch the holes in the
> block.  You don't want that.

Ross, can you offer more explanation on this? The reason I ask is
because I just got done 'spinning' , with a hi torque-lo RPM Milwaukee
drill, the treble section of a 100 year old S&S 0, and the pins were
warm to the touch..not hot.

I don't know for sure, but my gut tells me that I did not scorch the
holes. I would be interested to hear more about your personal experience
with this..or from anyone else for that matter since I have the rest of
the block to do yet.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)