Expanding action brackets

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 23:39:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/8/2005 5:24:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jonnyv@chartermi.net writes:

Help!?

 I have a customer with a young chang  upright,...her last tuner said it has
expanding action brackets. What is this  Phenomena and what do we do about
it?...How big of a job is this?
 Any Advice anyone?
Thanks!
Jonnyv@chartermi.net

Jonny,

I've not heard anyone complain of this issue in an upright, though I'm sure
it exists.  I've replaced the action brackets in a grand piano.   It takes
some time, but it is a pretty straightforward procedure.  I think  I spent around
6 hours on the whole thing replacing the brackets and  re-regulating the
action.

Is the piano going way out of regulation?  Is the action hard to  remove?
There should be some sure signs if the brackets are growing.

Dave Stahl