petrof warranty question

Thos Carpenter carpthos@televiso.com
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:45:48 -0600

I know that Geneva likes to handle warranty issues through their =
dealers.  I`ve had an issue pending since last Nov.  I got the "run =
around" for about 5 months....last I knew, after the new part had been =
on it`s way a couple times, they decided to send a tech from the dealer =
out again to look at the offending part.
Tom
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tvak@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 9:30 AM
  Subject: petrof warranty question

  List

  I've never had to do a warrantied repair outside the confines of the =
dealership for which I have worked, and they always take care of any =
paper work or protocol.    In fact, they usually hear from the client, =
send me to the client, and pay me directly.   So I've never had to deal =
with the manufacturer directly, nor another dealer with which I have no =
relationship.

  Last week, a longtime client of mine with a Petrof grand reported to =
me that she had a broken agraffe.  (I have not seen the agraffe, but we =
talked on the phone, and it's clear that's what happened)  So I called =
Geneva International and ordered a replacement agraffe and asked them =
about whether this was a warrantied item.  (The piano was purchased in =
1999.)  He wasn't sure, in that agraffes never break.  At least, not all =
by themselves.  He advised me to call the local Petrof dealer where the =
piano was originally purchased and inform them of the problem.  He =
thought they might be able to contact Petrof and get my client =
reimbursed for the labor.

  So I called them and described the problem.  They told me they'd get =
back to me later in the day and never called back.  It's been two days =
now.

  So...what's the correct procedure in a situation like this?  Is there =
a means by which I could talk to Petrof directly?  (I am Czech by =
heritage, but don't speak...)  Should I advise my client to contact the =
dealer and let them do the repair, warranty or not? =20

  Anybody ever hear of an agraffe breaking all by itself?

  Tom Sivak
  Chicago