NO Techs looking for work

Ron Berry ron@berrypiano.com
Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:46:52 -0500

This is slightly off topic but I think that the most important thing we can
do to help the guys in NO is to help them find work.  I don't know how
many of you are following the Katrina Forum but I thought I would
forward a few of the posts from that Forum.

Simple Forum

Dat
e:
2005-09-05

Fro
m:
Patrick Mackey (thepatrickreport@hotmail.com)

Su
bje
ct:
Associate exiled in Houston-anyone need shop help?

Me
ssa
ge:
My name is Patrick Mackey, I am from New Orleans, and my wife
and I are in Houston with a cousin of mine indefinitely as we wait to
find out when we can go back home (ours was spared--thank the
Lord!). I have done a fair amount of rebuilding work and I have been
studying and practicing for my PTG exams, which I had hoped to
finish by the next convention. If there is anyone in the Houston area
who needs some help, I would really appreciated being able to keep
my chops up while I am here. My number here is 218 459 1618. And
I would like to say how wonderful it is to know that so many guild
members are stepping up to help those of us affected by the storm. I
am proud to be a member, thanks.

Date: 2005-09-08 From: Robb Aistrup
(robb.aistrup@gmail.com) Subject: Piano tech from New
Orleans Message: My name is Robb Aistrup. For the past year I
have been working with the Louisiana Philharmonic in New
Orleans and studying piano technology through the PACE
program and with area techs. I am an associate member of the
PTG. Our house was completely flooded by the hurricane, and
our jobs with the orchestra are on hold indefinitely. While this is
a disaster for me and my family, it's also an opportunity to
immerse myself totally in learning piano technology. To that end
I was hoping that you might be able to put me in touch with
someone in the Kansas City/Lawrence area who needs an
apprentice or a store that needs a floor tuner, or any kind of
similar situation. I have accumulated quite a bit of knowledge,
but lack practical experience. I also own a Sanderson Accutuner
Three. I am currently in Winfield, Kansas and can be reached at
620-221-3104. My cell is 504-220-3054. I can be reached via
this email as well. If you can assist me in any way, we would be
extremely grateful. Respectfully, Robb Aistrup

Ronald Berry Piano Service
Indianapolis, IN
317-255-8213
ron@berrypiano.com