President's Message

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:02:38 -0700

Kent said: "If a customer doesn't =20
feel it is important enough to be around when the tuning is over, =20
especially if they feel it's OK to question a tuning, may not be the =20
best customer. Another example is a new customer who is a no-show; I =20
have a policy of not rescheduling no-shows, except for fully =20
established customers. I broke my policy once for a customer who =20
happened to live close to me. Never again; she called back after two =20
months and a change of seasons to express her dissatisfaction with =20
the tuning. You can say I should have immediately returned to the =20
piano; I say I never should have gone out in the first place"

Another that should be added to your "list" is a customer who is the =
"Pianist", who makes the appointment and then is not there at the time =
of the appoint. Rather leaves someone, who is NOT a pianist, to "let you =
in". I just had this siutation, this morning. When I explained my =
policy, (the "pianist must be there for the initial visit"), to the =
person "letting me in", I got a sting of profanity, etc.!!! Really don't =
want to be anywhere near a "client" like that!
It's all a crap shoot! Go figger!<G>
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I