suddenly, a click

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:23:13 -0700

Replace all the knuckles.  Don=92t know why it works; but, it works =
every
time.

Ross White

=20

  _____ =20

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Joe Garrett
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 8:36 PM
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: suddenly, a click

=20

Dean May said: "Just wrapping up working on a YC action that has been in =
my
shop about 4
weeks. After assembling it I notice a distinct click when the jacks
reset. It appears some errant chemical vapor from the shop has hardened
the jack stop felt causing a slight noise on the reset.
=20
I'm thinking perhaps a couple drops of water/alcohol/surfactant solution
might do the trick to soften the little round piece of felt.  Anybody
have any input?"

=20

Dean,

Just finished surveying/tuning/fiddling with a YC with the same darned
problem. Made in 1999 and it sounds like a tap dancer!!! Yikes! It is =
the
Jack Regulation Stop Felt. It is way too hard. I perused it and all are =
the
kind of felt that some use for understinging felt or key end felt. =
Waaaayyy
to darned hard. The only solution I can think of is to replace with a =
much
softer punching. Anyone else, have thoughts? BTW, this is a Pramberger
Series, that should be better, IMO. I wasn't impressed.

Regards,

=20

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police