Glue for Ivories - Impact Adhesive

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 08:59:01 +0100

Hello David and List
"Impact Adhesive" is available in both large and small quantities - in large
cans and small tubes. It was developed to stick laminates to a sub structure
as in motorhomes and kitchen work surfaces. One manufacturer is Bostik - I'm
sure if you google  <Bostik/adhesives>  it will find them. The object of
this adhesive is that when both surfaces are thinly coated and allowed to
become "touch dry" they will bond on impact with each other. You only have
ONE chance at this, for the union is so very strong. The glue is fairly thin
from the tube which allows the "smearing" action I described to coat both
surfaces thinly and evenly. Good Luck!
>From a grey, overcast Sunday morning in The Village
Michael G.(UK)