Broadwood & Sons Grand Damper Assembly Removal

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:20:07 +0100

Hello Rick B and List

As this is an "under damper" grand the damper unit should be able to be
withdrawn following the removal of those damper tray block screws. This is a
system similar to an Erard grand I restrung way back in the 80's.

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: Rick Bazemore [mailto:tunericks@yahoo.com]
Sent: 09 September 2005 21:22
To: Pianotech
Subject: Broadwood & Sons Grand Damper Assembly Removal

My question for today is: Is it possible to remove the damper assembly
(dampers are under the strings) on a Broadwood 9' grand (late 1890's) in one
piece.  I got as far as removing the 4 or five screws that holds the
assembly in place, but once I tried to remove it, the damper felts would not
clear the back of the plate/pinblock area.  Surely there is some way to get
the thing out in one piece?

Rick Bazemore

PS:  This is a nice piano that is remarkably "intact" and was rebuilt about
40 years ago.  Supposedly it came out of the Chapel at Emory University. The
physician owner told me today he would like to sell it to someone as a
possible rebuild project due to the fact that the pin block is shot.  Anyone
interested in this piano please let me know.

  _____

Click here to donate <http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/>  to the
Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...