Repinning

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:13:13 +0100

Hello Matthew and List

As it's a grand I usually take the top action off and take it to my workshop
for repining. I don't take the keyframe unless work is needed on that too.
If its just the hammers you can remove the hammer rail with all the hammers
and just take that. Likewise if its just the carriages(whippens) - but you
have to remove the hammer rail to get at it ... or remove "whatever" to get
at it. I do prefer to take the whole top action though. If it's raining
make a gentle parcel of the whole shebang using clear pvc sheeting so you
can see the hammers and avoid damage.

Regards from a county which desperately needs rain

Michael G.(UK)

  _____

From: Matthew Todd [mailto:toddpianoworks@yahoo.com]
Sent: 11 September 2005 00:14
To: Pianotech
Subject: Repinning

I will be undergoing a repinning project on a client's grand.  The "G" Piano
Works guide says it takes 4 hours.  Is it appropiate to do this project in
the client's home, or do I need to take the action with me and do it in the
shop?  If I take the action with me, that brings up another question.  If
it's raining, how do you all prepare and protect the grand action??

Thanks!
Matthew