Old fashioned tech case pics

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:06:55 -0500

1.  Behold the tech case.  It's old and big, the one I always bring
in along with my brief case.  I have other cases out in the car.
Originally a video camera case (purchased after my tools were stolen
in 1985?), there are two dividers that came with the case and I
inserted the foam from my SAT case.  I had to have the handle on it
replaced once (took it to an instrument repair guy--he worked on
instrument cases, too).  Sorry, I didn't weigh it, but I have noticed
that it's gotten heavier over the years.  I was thinking of
reorganizing and pulling out the repinning stuff.  But couldn't think
of what else I might take out.

2. This is what you see when it's first opened.  I pack in layers.
Diaper on top.

3. You can see the Ritmueller case, gift from convention in Nashville
(with some voicing tools in it) and my tool roll.  I still use my
strip mutes for pitch corrections.

4.  I can't remember which supply house this tool roll came from.
But it packs a bunch.  Hmm. I wonder why there are pockets open.
Obviously, I could be better about putting things back.

5.  The Ritmueller bag with some of my voicing tools in it.

6.  You can see the space between the long divider and the foam
insert.  My center pin box and the plastic container for my glass
syringe fit there.  Various tools are thrown in the long section.

7.  On the right side I store glue and protek in one of those tins
that fake instant European coffee was packaged.  There is a small
cardboard box that stores a number of things.  I punched holes in the
top of the box for action stack screws.

8.  You can see some of the contents of the cardboard box.  Besides
what you see, My micrometer in red box, a bag of paper punchings,
string hook, scissors, Swiss Army Knife, mutes, tuning fork and a
1/2" x 3" sample of a Bolduc pinblock (distributed by Pianotek) that
I use for a cutting board.  :-)  Under the cardboard box is my center
pin tool.

9. Under the SAT, I store my voicing sandpaper strips.  The labels on
the SAT list what piano is on what page.

Barbara Richmond, RPT

Photos:

http://tinyurl.com/ab9pf

http://tinyurl.com/aygay