SAT Scores on Tuning Exam

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:54:56

Hi Joe,

Best you check your PTG Journals. Both the SAT and Cybertuner are capable
of receiving a 100% score according to that source--something I believe no
human has yet achieved. I'm sure tunelab pro and verituner can match that.

In the "real world" however, almost no one tunes "to the exam". Tuning is
about taste and I've noticed that microchips taste "really bad" *grin*.

On an entirely different note, I'm sorry to see more than one member of the
listserv using words like "h*ll" and "d*mn". Please remember this list is
public, as well as archived, and it behooves us to uphold very high standards.

At 09:44 PM 9/12/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>   So I just checked with Michael Kimbell, our San Francisco CTE and  tunin=
>
>David  , Then Michael is on Drugs, IMO.  The simple fact remains, that the
>Test Instrument is tuned Aurally, by at  least Three tuners, one of which
>must be a CTE. Since the piano is tuned  Aurally, there is no way in hell,
>the SAT will reproduce this! I'm sure if you  check with Paul Brown, he'll
>tell you that exams, of record, do not bear out  this B.S.! As for the
>claims of Reyburn and Verituner...That smatters of the  "Diaphramatic
>Soundboard" B.S. that we so blatantly poo poo, on this list almost  every
>day. Sales Hype, IMO. Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner