SAT Scores on Tuning Exam

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:08:25 -0500

Joe,
Have you used a verituner?  I've disagreed with it before and tried
re-tuning aurally only to discover that it had made the best
compromise available from the beast in front of me.  It works with
the partials of each note it tunes as opposed to using only the
partials of three sampled notes from the piano.  You can choose the
degree of stretch you want to use.

The tolerances in the portion you can use your ETD on are quite
generous.  The aural section is tight, but you can't use your ETD
there anyway and that is the mental muscle you have to develop.  The
Verituners measured tuning and detune functions are quite useful to
practice doing temperaments with.

While I'm no CTE, I have checked it out at my leisure and have been
quite satisfied with what it does.

Andrew