New Tuning Hammer

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:01:26 -0500

At 06:34 AM 9/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>John,
>
>Don't worry about your bubble being burst. You may someday choose to have
>more than one tuning lever, but you don't need more than one good tuning
>lever. Except for the recent appearance of an impact lever in my case, I
>had gotten along with one lever for many years (a fancy Keith Bowman
>wonderful creation).
>
>Terry Farrell

Different strokes for different folks.

I will admit to still having my old gooseneck "student" model (that I
shortened the shank on, and use for restringing), and there is a T-handle
gathering dust, somewhere...  For normal tuning, I've had a Schaff #21
rosewood extension for almost 30 years and been quite happy.  Like Robin, I
have a plethera of tips. Mine range from 1.5" one-piece to 6", thin wall,
#1, #2 and #3 sockets and even an oval adapter for my decennial square
tuning. I think I can attack almost any piano I meet with the arsenal at hand.

If the hammer fits your physiology and technique, you'll remain happy.  You
may have to experiment to get the fit just right. I got lucky, early on.

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once, but they were all out of stock.