Modified Tuning Hammer

Robin Stevens pianoman@westnet.com.au
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:49:51 +0930 (Cen. Australia Standard Time)

 Theres one hammer I don't have (apart from a impact hammer). That's a
hammer with the tip cut in half!! One of the not so bright OZ tuners many
years ago thought a good way to treat loose pins was to reverse the coil.
(no CA glue in those days)=0D
=0D
This meant he could then drive the pin in another quarter of a inch. It
ended up with a tight pin..but..only 3/8 of a inch was left for a hammer =
fit on. $%^&$.=0D
=0D
Of course he missed the point, that while he had the pin out he could hav=
easily packed or replaced the pin!=0D
=0D
I must admit I love the look of those wood "work of art" Hammers...Where =
can
I buy one --))=0D
=0D
Regards=0D