Repinning....Can I pullease get more responses?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:43:21 -0500

At 07:30 AM 9/14/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>At 7:17 AM +0100 9/14/05, Michael Gamble wrote:
>>Re-centring won't require re-regulating - unless you intend doing that
>>anyway, in which case take the string heights and the whole action inc.
>>keys.
>
>Or unless you don't plan on checking the shank traveling (easily affected
>by repinning, but don't ask me why) or the rep spring strength, which is
>now pushing against a new level of friction.
>
>Bill Ballard RPT
>NH Chapter, P.T.G.

The shank traveling can be affected if the original pin is bent and the
replacement is straight (or vice-versa). If those pins _didn't_ bend it
would be a lot harder to center the grand jacks in the balancier windows...

My 2¢.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.