Repinning....Can I pullease get more responses?

William Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:17:33 -0400

At 6:43 AM -0500 9/14/05, Conrad Hoffsommer wrote:
>The shank traveling can be affected if the original pin is bent and
>the replacement is straight (or vice-versa). If those pins _didn't_
>bend it would be a lot harder to center the grand jacks in the
>balancier windows...

Doesn't take too much to be looking at a mm. of lateral travel during
the shanks rise. Not that even 25% of re-pinned shanks need
re-traveling, but it happens often enough to make you wonder why
there isn't an obvious explanation (which seems to overlook the the
other +75%).

Mr. Bill