Untuning a M&H

JWyatt1492@aol.com JWyatt1492@aol.com
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:40:09 EDT

Hello Dave,

   I am trying to image how Joe Garrett would
state this.  Failing in this effort I will put it as
well,  as I can.

   I hope this "former tuner " is not a member of PTG.

    To torque a piano because it sits on  whatever
could be true --  IF --  it were a Sq. piano. A  Sq. piano
has 4  ( four ) weight bearing legs.
     A 1970,s  M-H  BB has  3   (three).

  His statement fly's in the face of  fact, logic
and common reasoning and is insulting to a
person who does not --  fear ------ to think.

   I have had extensive experience with the M-H
pianos of this time period.   I have found that those
pianos needed all the plate screws tighten and
the pin block "wedged" at point of contact with
the plate flange. THEN  tighted the pinblock
screws.
    I will  add,  that at this  time the   "Rule of 10"
had been in force long enough and was now
bearing fruit for the imported pianos.

  " If you run from the truth,
     you run toward a lie"
                            jack