Henry F. Mildew

John Fortiner JLFortiner@usadig.com
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:02:49 -0600

Sodium Hypochlorite - aka common household bleach - the chlorine based
variety.  Do NOT mix with any other chemicals - especially anything
containing ammonia.

John Fortiner,
Billings, MT.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Cole [mailto:tcole@cruzio.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:39 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Henry F. Mildew

Vinegar sounds like a plan. I checked the archives and found one mention of
X - 14 (contains sodium hypochlorite and comes in a spray bottle) but
nothing about how you'd apply it to the top of a strung soundboard, whether
it should be neutralized, etc.

I'm hesitant to experiment with the customer's piano but if anyone has some
hands-on experience, I'd like to hear about it.

Tom Cole