O.T. - "Do Not Call List"/US Gov.

mps@usol.com mps@usol.com
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:34:09 EST

> I just recently put my phone number on the "Do Not Call" list,
offered
> by the U.S. Government. The reason, was that I get interrupted too
much
> when I'm in the Shop. Since that "installation" on that "list", I'm
> getting more Solicitors than ever! Any one else have this problem?
> Regards,
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
> Captain, Tool Police
> Squares R I
Squares R I

Joe,
You must allow 31 days from the date that you sign up for this "No
Call" to take any effect.
But it will not stop any calls from companies/businesses that you
previously have had any dealings with. (I.E. any previous magazine
subsriptions, Local charities, etc.) And of course, public services can
still contact you for donations.
But the majority of calls should cease in time.
You will need to re-new this every 5 years.
If you feel you have been taken advantage of, you may place a
complaint either at (www.ftc.gov) or call 888-382-1222 from the
number that was registered.
You will need the following information when you contact them.
1)Your phone number.
2)The date you received the call.
3)The name or number of the comany that called you.

Mark