David Ilvedson/SAT Tuning Test Scores

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:47:29 -0500

Terry:
=20
Since the test has to be given on a well scaled 5'9" or larger grand =
piano we don't have to worry about whether an FAC tuning on a winter =
spinet will pass the test.
=20
dp
=20
__________________________
David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org on behalf of Farrell
Sent: Tue 9/13/2005 5:42 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: David Ilvedson/SAT Tuning Test Scores

Well, expiriment will tell, but my guess is that a strict FAC tuning on =
a winter spinet will not pass the PTG exam - especially in the low tenor =
and bass.
=20
Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20

	Read my post..."good piano" ...but if 3 tuners were to aurally Master =
Tune that Winter....hee, hee, hee...the SAT could duplicate it within =
the test periameters.

	Again...you can't pass the PTG test without tuning a 2 octave section =
aurally, which is why we don't have ETDs hanging a shingle out...;-]

	David I.
=09
=09