Modified Tuning Hammer

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:23:38 -0500

Google up Faulk Piano Hammers, you can order from his website.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Robin Stevens
To: Pianotech
Sent: 09/15/2005 9:20:07 AM
Subject: Modified Tuning Hammer

 Theres one hammer I don't have (apart from a impact hammer). That's a hammer with the tip cut in half!! One of the not so bright OZ tuners many years ago thought a good way to treat loose pins was to reverse the coil. (no CA glue in those days)

This meant he could then drive the pin in another quarter of a inch. It ended up with a tight pin..but..only 3/8 of a inch was left for a hammer to fit on. $%^&$.

Of course he missed the point, that while he had the pin out he could have easily packed or replaced the pin!

I must admit I love the look of those wood "work of art" Hammers...Where can I buy one --))

Regards
Robin