Chrome versus Nickel plated tuning pins ---- Soggy South

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:20:00 -0500

Terry
Here in south Texas I see nice pianos in rooms where the RH is
high.  I've serviced a D where the air conditioned RH was 67%.  It
had a DC dehumidifier system under it that was inadequate to the
task.  After some discussion they agreed to build a humidity
controlled closet for it.
Most of my customers are mildly surprised when I suggest room or
house humidity control.  None have adopted it so far.  Some are
accepting the need for a DC system though.  The problem gets worse
after the air-conditioning season is over.

As for the quality of the pianos, the old ones need re-building.

Andrew