Are Renner butts usable on most American uprights?

Jurgen Goering pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:45:32 -0700

--Apple-Mail-11-279560645
The Renner butts are meant for use in pianos that that have the "jack
check rail" (aka Jack slap rail).  If you want to convert an action to
include such a rail, (which shouldn't really be that difficult), I can
supply the special screws used to mount and adjust the rail.  See photo
below.

Regards,
Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440
info@pianofortesupply.com
http://www.pianofortesupply.com

--Apple-Mail-11-279560645
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched
Size: 436 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-11-279560645--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Jack-slap-rail-screw-low.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 1751 bytes
Desc: not available

--Apple-Mail-12-279560646

On Sep 14, 2005, Gordon Stelter wrote:
Hi Dale,
>      Thanks for the advice. The "new tapes" is no
> problem, but the catchers don't hang down, and thus
> have no the area available for the felt squares that
> the jacks bump against,  so I was worried that
> something bad might happen on heavy playing.
>         Thump
>

> --- Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:
>> Hey
>>   Install new tapes & felt squares , install &  call
>> it good or use the
>> tokiwa product & deal with the somewhat   mediocre
>> center pinning.
>>   It's tuners choice. At least we have some,  Aye?
>>   Dale Erwin
>>

>>>  ....   I get the impression that these butts are
>>> only for certain European actions.
>>>    Comments?
>>>     Thump

--Apple-Mail-12-279560646