spring thing bling bling

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:08:45 -0500

Hi Ron,

Amazing things happen.  I'm afraid there are some pianos out there that I
would like to track down and destroy from when I first started in the
business.  :-o   I can't say I ever did anything quite so <colorful> fifteen
years into it, though.

Speaking of staying on the wrong track, after I had been in business for
some years (it's all a blur), there was a fellow in my community who wanted
to be a piano tech.  Every once in a while I would get a call from him, he
would pose a question, I would answer it and then he'd want to argue about
the information I had given him.  The best example I remember was when he
called about a bobbling hammer problem in an old upright piano.

While going through the steps of regulation, I asked, "What's the key dip?"

"One quarter inch."

"That's not enough."

"I want it to play like a harpsichord."

"It's a piano."

"But that's the way I want it."

I can't remember how I got off the phone.......

Barbara Richmond, RPT