Tuning Hammers....How Many?

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:56:52 -0700

I must be the odd one here.<G> (of course, I am.) I carry two Tuning =
Levers in my Tuning Kit.One, is a standard extension Hale tuning Lever, =
that I use for most jobs. With that I have several tip/head =
combinations. Also a light weight Ford Extension Lever, fitted with a =
Thin Wall Tip. I have Two in my Gorilla Kit. One is the Hale Speed =
Hammer for those REALLY Tight tuning pin beasts. The other is a Shortie =
for getting into really "tight" tuning situations, or just giving my =
clients a "giggle".<G> And I have a special kit, which I call my =
Antiques Kit, which has Seven different Tuning Levers/Hammers, all of =
which are special, authentic Antique Hammers with all kinds of weird =
tips/heads configurations. Lastly, I have my "converted" "Student =
Hammer", that is in my Stringing Kit. It is light and has many different =
one piece head/tip combinations. Oh, I forgot....I have a tool bag under =
the seat with a bare minimum for when I forget my Tuning Kit. Or I'm at =
a concert and the piano needs touching up and THE tuner is no where to =
be found. :-(
I guess that covers it.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.