False Ivory Keytops

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 07:27:50 -0700

Might be fiberglass.
Ross White

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of William R. Monroe
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 5:55 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: False Ivory Keytops

Tom,

I THINK it's more modern than the '30s, but it's not like the currently
available stuff.  As I said, it doesn't have an imitation Ivory grain
pattern, but rather straight, faint lines running from the tail to the head.
As I look again, there are probably more like a dozen lines on the tail, and
up to 20 or 25 on the head.  But, they are all STRAIGHT lines from tail to
tip of head.  If you (or anyone) has one (an "A") that looks like that, I'd
love to have it.

Thanks,
William R. Monroe