Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:08:17 -0700

OK, speaking of impact wrenches...a couple of days ago I was tuning a l=
ot of uprights at Stanford and I began fiddling around with my new Faul=
k hammer, using like an impact tuning wrench.   Of course very little t=
hrow but I was able to get a feel for what an impact wrench might be li=
ke...SO, I'm going to get one.   Let me have it with why your impact tu=
ning hammer is the best.   I definitely want a very small throw (I mean=
 movement from side to the other) or adjustable if possible.
Thanks in advance...
David Ilvedson

Original message
From: "Joe Garrett"
To: pianotech
Subject: Tuning Hammers.....How Many?

Matthew asked: "Do you all keep most of your tool kits in your car, or =
do you carry them in at night, and just leave an emergency kit in the c=
ar?  Just wondering."

Matthew,
I put them in the house!!!! After having ALL of my toys...er tools stol=
en, to the tune of $12,000.00. I don't want to have to go through that =
again!
BTW, I forgot to mention, that I have Two Impact Hammers, (Mahaffey Typ=
e), one with a #2 Tip and one with a #3 Tip. As these are "frozen" on t=
he Heads, I have two. They reside in my SAT case. And, of course, they =
have been modified.<G>
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I