Tuning a guitar using and Equal Temperament method

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:28:55 -0500

Subject: OT:Tuning a guitar using and Equal Temperament method

I tune pianos aurally and also play classical guitar. I would be
interested to hear from any tuners who also play guitar and need to
tune same whether they think there is any merit to the following
method of tuning a guitar.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Thanks for the post.  I play guitar and tune pianos, also.  When guitar
tuning, I've been listening to the open strings i.e. E 6th against the A
5th, for a beat (every 2-3 seconds) to be narrow; then the A to the D, etc.
I haven't taken the time to work it through for a complete tuning yet.  I'll
give your method a try.

Paul C