Tuning a Guitar using Equal Temperament

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 23:20:42 -0700

check the archives (good luck) for guitar tuning...Bill Bremmer had a m=
ethod...
David I.

Original message
From: "Joe Garrett"
To: pianotech
Subject: Re: Tuning a Guitar using Equal Temperament

I tune pianos aurally and also play classical guitar. I would be
interested to hear from any tuners who also play guitar and need to
tune same whether they think there is any merit to the following
method of tuning a guitar."
Well, now. That's a peachy Keen, but only if you only play
open strings!!!<G> The fretting of a guitar is NOT equal temperament,
as far as I know. What it is, is anyone's guess, as it varies from
maker to maker, IMO.
I tune my Bass with a SAT, which gets it real close, but sometimes a li=
ttle
"tweaking" is necessary when playing in some keys.
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I