S&S 'A' damper arrangement query

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:30:48 +0100

Hello all
Having the damper felts from Steinway specifically for the 'A' model makes
this job much simpler - they're pre-cut at the right angles. However the
marks I pencilled on the sides of the damper heads have become pretty well
lost and I cannot tell on which note, in my 'A' short scale(20Bass), the
BACK damper felt changes from a split to a pad. Max Matthias diagram 7.1
shows the outline but not the actual note since this is directed at all
models. (vide: Max Matthias "Steinway Service Manual" published by Verlag
Erwin Bochinsky)
Thanks from a cool but sunny early Sunday in the Downs.
Michael G.(UK)