Accurate cutting strips of cloth for Damper backing

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 08:37:08 +0100

Hello List
Anyone got any bright ideas on how to cut cloth (or felt) in really parallel
strips and at a specific width for use on damper backing? The original was
indeed cloth, not felt, the weave is plain to see at the sides. I have a
"roller" type knife, one of those rubbery green mats (a large one) marked
out in small squares, and a long straight-edge used for key-levelling. The
problem is to stop the felt from shifting under the knife! (don't we all?)
Regards
Michael G.(UK)